September Favourites!

Hello again! Wow can't quite believe we're at the end of September, never mind nearing on the end of year! Apologies for no posts recently, but here are our favourites from this month.



Fashion

V-Neck T-Shirts
One of my favourite go-to outfits is a good t-shirt, ripped jeans and a pair of my beloved converse. I love the look you achieve with a v-neck and they have become my favourite style and cut of a top. They're easy to style, creating a fashionably casual outfit which is effortless and brilliant for days when you're in a rush! A v-neck t-shirt is definitely a staple piece in my wardrobe and they're incredibly versatile. Another bonus was that we managed to pick a few up from Primark at only £2!!

Blush Bomber Jacket
I absolutely love bomber jackets and they're my weakness when it comes to jackets, I constantly have to refrain from buying so many! I'm also really into blush tones this summer so I just had to get this beauty when I spotted it in Primark. I love the feel and quality of this particular jacket, with the exterior feeling silky and luxurious, as well as the look you can create which has been perfect for the summer months!

Beauty

Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm
As we approach this time of year my lips start to suffer, becoming chapped and sore, my go to solution - Nivea's Essential Care Lip Balm. This works quickly in repairing my lips back to their usual plump self! I also prefer this one over others as it has no perfume/scent or flavour, which is great for me as I can often be sensitive to those. I make sure this is with me at all times, even at Alton Towers last week!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
After what seems like months and months of bad skin and many breakouts, my dedication to all aspects of my skincare has improved considerably after a long time of being lazy! I've thrown the face wipes to the bottom of my drawer and now use Garnier's Micellar Water as my full-time, better alternative. I love how easy makeup is removed with micellar water, as well as how effective it is, removing and breaking down much more than a face wipe ever could! A bottle usually lasts me a while, however it is incredibly inexpensive anyway so you'll never be breaking the bank.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
No matter how many palettes I have and love, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette will always be in first place for me. This is always the palette I reach for, not giving a second look to any other options. I love how great this palette is for both everyday looks and evening looks, the chocolate scent isn't bad either! The fact that many different looks throughout all times of the day can be achieved in one palette makes it a perfect palette when travelling. I also really love matte eye shadows and this has some really fabulous ones! I find that all the shadows apply and blend incredibly well, with the pigmentation and pay off being great too. You can definitely tell that this palette is great quality and well worth purchasing, if you're one of the few people who don't have this palette yet!

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
I recently re-discovered my love for the Real Techniques sponge after a good year and a half of using my beloved Nanshy brushes. I got to a point, like everyone else I'm sure, where I needed to change things up again when I stumbled upon my Real Techniques sponge in the back of a drawer. After a good clean, and later buying a new one, I fell in love once again. I love how the sponge applies and blends my makeup, as well as the end result which gives me my desired coverage. I also find the shape of the sponge really great for getting into all the areas of the face. Another factor which makes my love for this sponge grow is the amount of uses it has, as I use it to apply my foundation, concealer and setting powder, minimising the amount of different brushes I need, which makes it great for travelling. I've also not committed to splurging on the Beauty Blender yet, so this is my perfect, cheaper alternative!

Zoeva Luxe Crease Brush
After getting the beautiful Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Eye Set for my birthday and a few months of using and loving them, the crease brush is by far one of my favourites! The size and fluffiness of the brush makes it perfect for in my crease, as well as blending. I find that the brush picks up shadow and transfers onto the eyelid well, with the pigmentation remaining the same. The brush has also kept it's softness after many washes, with no loss of bristles either! This is definitely a brush I go for every time I do my makeup and it's a must for whenever I travel.

New Look 'Pure Dusk' Perfume
This was actually one of our mum's perfumes which we've gradually taken over! The scent is beautifully feminine and lasts forever - even being able to smell it on my coat days later. This perfume is fabulously affordable and will be in perfume collection for as long as New Look continue to sell it! They also have great product size options, the small compact size is perfect for in your bag to refresh you throughout the day, with the largest size not containing too much product meaning that it is still fresh by the time you reach the end of a bottle!

Random

Luther
I was a little late to watching Luther and first watched all 3 series' on Netflix earlier this year after Ellie told me how much she enjoyed it. Recently me and Ellie have begun to re-watch Luther from the very beginning, on days where she's home from uni, and this will now be my third time watching the complete box set so you can tell how much I love it! We both love Idris Elba in this and think he plays the character so so well. This has definitely been one of both of our favourite T.V. shows this month!

Our Girl
Both me and Ellie really enjoyed the first series of Our Girl but I was a little sceptical when I heard of a second series with changes of the main cast members. I have to say however, I'm pleasantly surprised and I'm thoroughly enjoying this series so far too! I like how the new characters have completely new storylines which are quite different to the first series, this makes the new series refreshing and just as appealing and intriguing as the last. We were both also really amazed and impressed with how quickly the show developed and picked up, where by the second episode it felt as though you were much further into the series. This was down to how incredibly action packed it was, there's definitely not a dull moment throughout each episode! I also really love the new cast/characters, especially Luke Pasqualino!


What have been your favourites this month?

Ellie and Brooke
x x x

Comments

Popular Posts